Follow these 10 simple tips to help you get more of what you want:
1) Get excited! In terms of your goals, I cannot stress this enough. If your goal doesn’t sound exciting before you even begin, find a different one that does. For instance, if you hate going to the gym, don’t go. Find something that you would love to do for YOU.
2) Plan your attack. Have a plan with a deadline of exactly what you will do and when you will do it.
3) Post it. Whether you post your goal in big letters on your fridge, or declare it on your facebook wall, reminders will keep you accountable and focused.
4) Get Inspired. Spend time with like minded, motivated people who will support and encourage you along the way.
5) Think about the PERKS, not the difficulties. Instead of focusing on how much work is involved, fall in love with how you are going to look and feel instead.
6) Visualize it daily. See it as if it has already happened.
7) Track your progress. Pictures, measurements, writing in your journal, and workout challenges are all great ways to measure progress and keep you moving forward.
8) Remove toxic thoughts and people. You are who you surround yourself with. Make sure to spend the least amount of time with negative, energy sucking thoughts and people.
9) Less is more. There will be days where you simply need to rest. Taking rest days will help your body recover and give you the energy you need to keep going.
10) Celebrate mini victories. There are unlimited things you can do to reward yourself along the way. Go for lunch with a friend, get yourself a new workout outfit, or plan a fun trip! Whatever is exciting to YOU, go do it!
Keep your eye on the prize and take it one day at a time:)
Finally, one of my favourite quotes to sum this all up: “Wellness is too important to be pursued grimly. Whatever your choices, make sure you’re having fun.” – Donald Ardell